Beyondcell: targeting cancer therapeutic heterogeneity in single-cell RNA-seq
We are excited to announce Beyondcell, a computational methodology for identifying tumour cell subpopulations with distinct drug responses in single-cell RNA-seq data and proposing cancer-specific treatments.
Beyondcell calculates an enrichment score in a collection of drug signatures, delineating therapeutic clusters (TCs) within cellular populations. Additionally, our method determines therapeutic differences among cell populations, and generates a prioritised ranking of the differential sensitivity drugs between chosen conditions to guide drug selection.
Beyondcell’s potential applications include:
- Analysing the intratumoural heterogeneity (ITH) of your experiment.
- Grouping cells into clusters of concordant drug response.
- Prioritizing cancer treatments.
- Studying changes in drug tolerance on a time series experiment.
- Identifying mechanisms of drug resistance.
A preprint has been published at bioRxiv and is available here. Beyondcell source code along with step by step tutorials are fully available here. Check Beyondcell’s thread on Twitter.